San Fernando Injury Attorney
San Fernando Auto Accident Attorney
Bicycle Accidents
San Fernando Valley Accident Lawyer

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I have been injured in an accident?
It should absolutely be your first concern to get yourself medical attention immediately. Even if you do not feel that you have been seriously injured, it is in your best interests to see a physician as soon as possible in order to determine if damage has been done that may not be initially visible or felt. Then, it is very wise to speak with an attorney about your options. Depending upon the circumstances of your case, you could be able to recover compensation for your injuries. Speaking with an experienced California personal injury attorney at The Law Offices of Vetchtein & Associates can get you the information you need.

Why do I need an attorney?
It is not required to have an attorney if you are interested in pursuing a lawsuit against the negligent person or people who were responsible for your injuries. But, it is in your best interests to have an experienced and competent individual who can help you navigate the California legal system. If you have a skilled and aggressive personal injury lawyer on your case, you can rest assured that you will receive an excellent chance of getting the compensation you deserve.

How long do I have to file a personal injury case?
In California there is a statute of limitations for individuals to file a lawsuit in a personal injury situation. For adults, you must file your suit within 2 years from the date that the injury occurred. If you were a minor when the injury was incurred, you can file a lawsuit until your 20th birthday. If you have questions about the legal aspect of your case, please feel free to contact one of the experienced personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Vetchtein & Associates.

How much compensation can I expect to receive?
This depends upon the type of case you have, how severely you were injured, the actions of the negligent party who caused your injury and many, many other factors. Your attorney will work to get you the amount of compensation that you feel is appropriate for your situation. Your health, well-being and future happiness are very important to you and they are also important to your California injury lawyer at The Law Offices of Vetchtein & Associates.

What should I do if someone else was responsible for injuring me?
It is in your best interests to speak with a lawyer who is very familiar with personal injury cases in California. At The Law Offices of Vetchtein & Associates, the legal team has vast experience solely handling injury and accident cases throughout California. You can count on The Law Offices of Vetchtein & Associates to provide you with compassionate yet aggressive representation.

What can I get compensation for?
Depending on the case there are a number of areas that compensation can be obtained. Medical expenses are one of the main areas that many people seek financial compensation for. It can be for the initial hospital bill, surgical procedures, rehabilitative treatment, accommodations to a home or car and other medical costs. Healthcare is expensive but an injured person shouldn't have to compromise because they can't afford it. If someone else was responsible for your injuries then they should be liable to cover the expense.

Another area that compensation may be needed in is for those that are unable to work and suffer the loss of compensation. It may be a temporary leave from work or can be permanent. Additional pain and suffering may be sought since an accident can often leave more than just the physical effects. In a wrongful death case, compensation may be owed to a family that has lost their loved one. It may include the hospital costs, funeral expenses and even lost income from a family member that was the main income earner to provide support.

How can it be proven that the other person is responsible?
It will need to be shown that the other party was negligent in some way. This is the burden of proof that exists and it means that the plaintiff will need to establish sufficient reason that the other party was liable. This may be through showing that a driver was speeding, that a doctor failed to deliver a certain standard of care, that the manufacturers of a product did not test it enough to make sure that it was safe or that a nursing home was abusive in some manner. Find out if your case is a valid claim for compensation by contacting an attorney from the firm.

What if I am unable to return to my job because of injuries?
For many people, the injuries that they face are enough for them to no longer carry out the tasks of their former job. They may still be able to work but just in another field. In certain cases it may be possible to seek compensation that allows for retraining. This can prepare you for another field or another position in the same company. It can include school or retraining.

How long will my case take?
Each case can differ and there is no exact way to determine the amount of time it will take a case to be resolved. There are certain factors that can be used to get an idea of around the time. This includes how serious the injuries are, how long recovery takes, what insurance is offering, if there is a dispute about what should be paid and if there is a dispute over who is at fault. Talk with an attorney about your case to gain greater clarity on what you can expect.

When do I know if a settlement is right to take?
Insurance companies are known for trying to give less than what is deserved and you don't want to take a settlement that leaves you with less than you are owed. This may mean that all your medical expenses are not covered or that your lost income is not recovered. Before you agree to a settlement you want to have it reviewed by an attorney who can assess your injuries and the situation to get a better idea if you should be receiving more. Insurance companies may try to scare you into taking less or may try to elongate the process so that you will agree to the amount just to get the situation over with. Don't allow them to use these tactics against you.

Serving all of California including the following areas:

  • Los Angeles County
  • Orange County
  • Riverside County
  • San Bernardino County
  • San Diego County
  • Imperial County
  • Ventura County
  • Kern County
  • Fresno County
  • Santa Barbara County
  • Santa Cruz County
  • Monterey County
  • Sacramento County
  • San Francisco County

California Personal Injury Attorneys | Auto Accidents | Premises Liability | Brain & Spinal Injuries | Contact Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

A California Statewide Law Firm. Phone: (888) 963-9999; (909) 756-7400; (951) 405-5500; (951) 405-5200